Peer Review Policy
In Journal of Space Science and Technology a double-blind process is used for reviewing papers, so that the Reviewer does not know the identity of the author/s and vice versa. The journal’s staff put their best efforts to announce the first response after the paper’s evaluation to the author in charge maximum within three months.
Ethical considerations for reviewers
- Confidentiality of article information must be observed in all areas. The article review process is to be done anonymously.
- Reviewers should judge articles at the appropriate time and assist the editorial team in deciding whether or not to accept the article.
- The referees' suggestions regarding the published articles should be submitted in the form of judging forms and in the comment section for the author and editor.
- Reviewers should refrain from judging articles with conflict of interest and report any conflict of interest as soon as possible.
- Reviewers' judgments about the quality and content of articles should be based on professional and objective opinions.
Peer Review Process
A) Registration and Submission
1- Website Registration:
- Paper’s information including the Title in English and in Farsi
- Submitting the Abstract and Keywords in English and in Farsi
- Submitting the names and full particulars of paper’s Author/s in English and in Farsi
Note: The order and accordance of names and full particulars of paper’s Author/s shall be the same.
2 – Sending the File:
- Completing and sending the forms of Conflict of Interest and Paper’s Novelty
- Sending the whole paper’s complete Word file without the names of author’s
- Sending full particulars of paper’s Author/s in a separate file
- Sending the Extended English Abstract of the paper in Word and PDF is a requirement
Note: in case of failure to send the paper’s Word file and Extended English Abstract, the paper will not be processed or it will be sent back to the author.
Important Point: In order for the journal to achieve the desired index in international databases, sending the Extended English Abstract in addition to the whole paper in Word files within the format determined in the writers section is required.
B ) Double-Blind Review (One to Two Months)
Journal of Space Science and Technology required no fees for submission of papers for evaluation.
Papers that are not rejected in primary evaluation stage, will be sent to the professional Reviewers, without the names of authors and fully protecting the privacy, in the following stages:
1 – Primary Evaluation of Paper by the Chief Editor
Chief Editor will evaluate the sent paper within three office days from the aspects of accordance with the journal’s framework (focus, up-to-date content, format and writing). The review might yield the following results:
– In case the paper contradicts with the journal’s focus, its rejection will be sent to the author.
– In case the paper agrees with the journal’s focus but does not match with the journal’s format, it will be sent back to the author for revision.
– In case the sent paper focus and format are confirmed by the Chief Editor, it will be sent to the Specialized Editor to be assigned to the reviewers.
2 – Plagiarism
After evaluation by the Chief Editor, the paper is sent for authentication and discovery and prevention of plagiarism maximum within three days.
- Plagiarism of Farsi Manuscripts
In order to discover and prevent plagiarism as well as to conform to the guidelines of publication ethics, Farsi papers are authenticated using Hamanandjoo software. It is worth noting that in case the percent of similarity in a manuscript exceeds 10% of national and international standards, it will be sent back to the author and any resubmission is also prohibited.
- Plagiarism of English Manuscripts
English papers are investigated using iThenticate (HAMSANA) of Farnam Company or TURNITIN. It is worth noting that in case the percent of similarity in a manuscript exceeds 10% of national and international standards, it will be sent back to the author and any resubmission is also prohibited.
3 – Sending the Paper to Specialized Editor
Assigning at least three reviewers by the Specialized Editor maximum within three days
4 – Sending the Paper to Reviewers
- Sending the paper to three reviewers specialized in the paper’s subject by the Chief Editor (within one office day)
- Reviewing the paper and sending the reviews in addition to completing the evaluation form by the reviewers (maximum within 15 days)
- Sending the reviews accompanied by the comments of Specialized Editor and Chief Editor to the author for improving and editing the manuscript (maximum within one week)
5 – Decision Making based on Reviews
Considering the notes of reviewers in evaluation of the paper, the primary decision will be made based on the following points:
1- In case of rejection of the manuscript by two of the three appointed reviewers, the manuscript will be removed from the process and the author will be informed.
2 - In case of acceptance of the manuscript by two of the three appointed reviewers, the manuscript will be in the final stage of acceptance.
3 - In case the reviewers failed to evaluate the paper within the mentioned time or their reviews did not aim the improvement of manuscript, new reviewer/s will be assigned and the evaluation process will be continued.
4- The paper might be sent back to authors for revision, in case the reviewers ask for total or partial revision of paper.
5-Submitting the revised paper and response to the comments of reviewers by the authors (two weeks)
6- The revised paper and response to the comments of reviewers will be primarily evaluated by the Specialized Editor / Chief Editor (one week)
7- In case of any need for revision of manuscript, the comments of the Specialized Editor / Chief Editor will be sent to the author/s.
8- In case the reviewers ask for a second round of review, the paper will be sent to the reviewers for evaluation of new version of manuscript (10 days). Otherwise, Chief Editor will check the conformity of manuscript to the reviewers’ comments and will announce the final result.
9 – Announcing the final result in the meeting of the journal’s editorial board.
10 – In case of Final Acceptance, Certificate of Acceptance will be sent to the author in charge through the website.
11 - In case of Paper’s Acceptance, edition and page layout process will start (10 work days)
12 - In case of Paper’s Rejection, the author in charge will be informed through the website.
Note: Based on the manuscript’s condition and the process of receiving the reviewers’ comments, evaluation period and decision making about the paper might exceed the announced the announced time (three months).
6 – Edition and Page Layout
1 – Edition and page layout after the final acceptance of paper
2 – Sending the paper to the author in charge for final approval of manuscript from the aspects of order of names of authors, particulars of authors, content of paper, figures, tables, and the like.
7 – Paper’s Publication
1 – Inclusion of paper in the list of Ready to Publish manuscripts
2 – Publication of paper in the journal
3 – The waiting time before the publication depends on the number of accepted papers.
4 – After completion of papers for each volume, all papers will be downloadable in PDF and XML at the journal’s website for free.
Peer Review Process